Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Late summer start on gardening

I wasn’t going to do any gardening this summer but decided today to do just a few buckets.  I had received a tomato plant from a neighbor about a month ago. I sold my raised beds as I didn’t want to deal with ordering a large amount of soil.  I still had a few buckets in the backyard and a few more kitty litter buckets in the garage. I bought 3 large bags of container soil and threw in a few seeds into each bucket.

Basil
Mint
Tomato
Cucumber
Radish
Dill
Bell pepper



I also finally split up my aloe Vera plant into other containers.

I had to say goodbye to the reclaimed fence picket shed as it became more a home for the local rats. I saved some pickets to use on a smaller “phone booth” size shed I plan on building later to store gardening tools.  This time I’ll use a pea gravel floor to prevent the rats from using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment