Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tomatoes are a coming!!!

As of today, I have harvested 3.5 lbs of tomatoes from the large cherry tomatoes and some Phoenix tomatoes.  Pulled a few cucumbers as well today because they were looking a little yellow.  This will give  the other ones a little more energy and juice to mature better.

One disappointment for today is after constructing a net tent over the length of the entire beds, I discovered that one of my Brandywines (a little larger than the size of my fist) was just starting to turn red and low and behold, I find a place where something started eating it.  Not sure what it is, the net is far enough away that it couldn't be a bird and its too small to be squirrel, so its got to be an insect of some sort.  The problem is, is that I haven't seen many bugs on my tomato plants.  I will have to do some night surveillance to find the culprit.  I went ahead and left it on hoping that whatever it is will continue to focus on that one tomato and leave the rest alone.

Now I just need to find some good recipes to cook and enjoy my harvest thus far.




Running total of Produce
cucumbers:  12
tomatoes: 3.5lbs
zucchini:   2
peppers:  0
potatoes:  0
peas/beans:  0


Get dirty and keep on gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment