Tuesday, March 7, 2017

New month= new experiments

So the kombucha is still going strong in my house.   I drink it every day.   So after talking with my brother a few weeks ago, he shared with me that he tried some coffee kombucha and really loved it. The idea that had come to my mind about a month earlier but since I'm not a coffee drinker her I wasn't sure how to proceed or how I would even know if it was good or not. I decided to give it a try and used just some medium roast coffee from the local grocery store.  My wife texted me this morning saying that it was good!   

Other flavors this time are grapefruit kombucha and a jalopeno kombucha. I wanted to do a pepper flavor every since my wife and I enjoyed a ghost pepper ipa at a brewery in Tyler, Tx.  If you're every in the area, stop by True Vine brewery for a pint.  They always have about 5-7 taps with a variety of choices.  Both the grapefruit and the jalopeno turned out great. 


As you can tell, the jalopeno is almost gone and the coffee is not far behind.  

As far as my gardening for this season, I've been saving seeds from produce bought at the store (organic produce) and planted them about two weeks ago. So far I've got seedlings of acorn squash, butternut squash, watermelon, and bell pepper. From seed packets I've got Brussels sprouts.  The jalopenos and artichokes still haven't sprouted yet.  


I transplanted the fig tree further away from the house and divided my cannas and lilies to other parts of the yard.  

We've been enjoying the wild rogue cilantro that has taken over the beds in the backyard.   Pesto, salsa, and any other meal has enjoyed the added flavor of cilantro in it.  


This spring break my goal is to construct nice beds (keyhole design idea) in the front yard, using corrugated tin and cedar posts.

Until next time...

Go Garden and Get Dirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment