Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Last summer harvest

Even though it hasn't been a bountiful growing season,   I still harvested enough for Jennie and I, with a little left over to share with friends.

With the temperatures now consistently hitting triple digits, I have stopped watering and am just letting everything bolt and go to seed. The tomatoes plants only have a few tiny fruits on them so no big loss there.   

Today I picked 6 good sized straight eight cucumbers.   Looks like I'll be making some more pickles and maybe some to Hummus or or dip.  


I am using the last of the tomatoes to make some homemade pasta sauce. Add some fresh basil, oregano, and peppers from the garden to some goat cheese, ricotta, deli turkey and prosciutto on some whole wheat crust and grill it on the grill, you get one delicious pizza.  

I ate half of it before taking this pic because it looked so yummy... and it was.  

Hopefully before going back to work, I can get my beds ready for the fall growing season.   Going to scale back though to give the soil time to replenish its much needed nutrients.   



Get dirty and keep on gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment